I've actually done two major updates since the last update log. The first made some tweaks to Netlify CMS (now Decap CMS) and updated some CSS.
- Updated config to work with pages (I think).
- Styled backend with CSS so that it's not so blinding to use.
CSS Updates (Round 1)
While I was working on a Stylus UserCSS for another site, I realized that my site was using a different text color than the Catpuccin style guide allowed for on the dark theme. I decided to remedy that and that sent me down a rabbit hole.
- Updated text and header colors.
- Added colors for strong and em tags
- Added a plugin for images lightbox.
I also updated frontmatter on all pages (in an attempt to work better with the CMS), but I'm still running into some issues with the CMS set-up where page titles/labels aren't showing. I'm very tempted to throw out this CMS and try with a different one.
And then came the Make It Kawaii edition.
Between these two updates I added a tutorial to my Digital Garden, and when I came back to finish updates to it, my ADD went into overdrive. It's so rare that I manage to have inspiration to make something cute that I went with it.
CSS Updates (Round 2)
- updated header colors to have a rainbow across levels
- updated title to rainbow gradientstyled HRs with a cute heart image
- [fix] top bar no longer renders different on docs section! (I was applying a CSS tweak incorrectly)
- cleaned up styling on summary and details tags
- [fix] corrected incorrect warning and error colors (I accidentally deleted these during the tutorial update)
Layout & Content Updates
- updated top bar navigation
- added badges and buttons
- removed twitter link
- added socials section
- updated credits
- [fix] corrected docs with incorrect header levels (apparently, I had several H1s that should have been H2s and couldn't tell until I change the colors).
The overall look is a much cuter and quirky site invoking old school sites but using new tech. Next up on my list:
- Attempting to add an updates module to my landing page linking to this blog
- FORMS - I want to add a form to my author's note page
- About Me page
- Continue Decap CMS experimentation (maybe)